Here go...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here go...

I'm from Canada, eh. Just a bit N-E of Toronto actually and I just got a new 2018 red DCT Goldwing Tour. I started riding in 1964 on a blue 55cc Honda SuperCub that had three gears and no clutch lever, and now I will probably finish on a Honda that has seven gears and also no clutch lever. Being from Canada my Goldwing came with 2 key fobs and a tool kit (although the strap for the kit is anchored rather poorly) and it doesn't have an XM radio input (been there to look twice already). I can confirm that each fob has an emergency key and a separate access code, but they both work on starting the bike.

I traded-in my 2003 Goldwing that I had ridden since new. It had just over 130,000 km on it and was a fantastic ride. My wife made me get it and I had never ridden a Goldwing before riding it home from the dealer. (Told myself on the way home that: "She didn't know it, but she made me get a sport bike!") I'm liking the new Wing a lot and in the few miles/kilometers I've ridden it (kind-of cold yet and occasionally it snows - Canada, eh) and the couple of times she's been on it - it seems much nicer that the old one.

A couple of nags with the new: The dealer hadn't set the TPMS system correctly and the light was on when I got it home with no pressures being registered. When I followed the Honda registration procedure I got off the web, it works fine ever since. When I tried out the emergency start without the fob, the keys wouldn't unlatch one of the left saddlebag latches and open it. When I tried the keys later on - it worked! (Must have been a fluke or jarred something?) I also do have to take it back to the dealer though, as I've reported to him that the GPS has lost its signal. The satellite icon is graying out, the "automatic" option for the timezone can't be selected, and the current position tracks but is about 10 km now away from the actual position. It was working fine and then stopped - maybe a bad antenna; nothing seems to be ajar or loose, as I've checked. So, I'm waiting for some better weather so I can do some more riding - Canada, eh. Hope I don't get lost!

Welcome HNR!
    Robert "Trip" Hilliard
    2006 Goldwing GL1800 Level 2 "Cisco"
    AMA # 3539665
    Blue Knights #59055
    rehilliard.net/hondagoldwing.htm

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Enjoy Hope it warms up for you real soon!

Welcome aboard!!
        2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
        USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
        US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
        2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
        2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Working...
        X