Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all - I'm here and free at last

Free at last, free at last. Dear Lord - I am free at last.

Hello to all on this new board. Tomorrow I turn in my key card, employee badge and enter the realm of retirement. I have had many fine examples go before me, and many others to follow. I will try to do them proud.

Now if I can just get through the 500 boxes sitting in the garage and house before the Queen yells "OFF WITH HIS HEAD"!

A question for all you previously retired types - my 58th birthday isn't for a couple of weeks - is it too soon to celebrate?

Howdy fine Sir. I am happy for you in your retirement. Give 'em He!!
    Richard
    Darksider #390
    Murgie's FAQ

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

Best wishes and have to admit being a little envious. I am 61 with 4 more years to go. Glad you were able to work it out

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the retirement. I am slowly working my way up to mine in a couple more years.
        Dave - High up in Arizona - Black Metallic 2019 DCT

I guess years of eating at Taco Bell instead of Red Lobster finally paid off. Remphoto - I do empathize with you, and wish you the best.

What took you so long? No, not about retiring, I already know about that. You "retired" Navy guys always get lost and have a hard time with directions unless it includes a port of call. Thanks for clearing up that little issue of my demise. LOL Great to see ya, and welcome to you as well Remphoto.
            __________________________________________________ __________

Why sweat the leg thing when I can still ride a Goldwing
            Member of the Hann-Amigo Trio

Thanks for the welcome, Wheels. As our friend Wing-it said, it is like a breath of fresh air over here!

Congrats on the retirement.
                I did it in 2007 at age 65 and have been have a blast
                T.A. Jens
                The Pizza Man
                1800 06 White Champion Trike
                2005 Bunkhouse Camper
                2006 Breeze Cargo Trailer
                GWRRA Life Member

Hi Jerry:

May you enjoy the life of leisure. Now in those hills of Tenn, you may have to get an old aquarium and fill it with salt water, just so you do not get too homesick. Lol!

Those Navy Chiefs, they used to get upset with us. Where is all the ice cream and steaks? I bet those UDT guys hi-jacked the bomb elevator again. Lol.

Someone rigged up a fake bomb and dropped it down the marine gangway to their sleeping quarters, I bet it was those UDT guys again.

Enjoy your retirement. Be careful in those thar' hills.

Kit

Welcome to fixed income living- Enjoy
                    Whoever said money can’t buy happiness, never paid for a divorce

IBA # 40576

Congrats to you on the retirement. Congrats on us to you finding the site!
                      2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Thanks for all the pleasurable reading of the comments - even yours Kit :p. And yeah - welcome to the land of fixed income. Actually pretty much no income for awhile - intend on living off some savings for a few years to keep from hitting the investments too early. BUT IT'S ALL GOOD - woke up this morning and the only thing I had to work on was a couple hundred moving boxes - but - no customer phone calls. No requests for emergency calibrations or troubleshooting. Hardest part of the day was finding the u-haul dealer to return the trailer.

And Mr. Parsons - look forward to having some civil discussions with you again down the road - they were enjoyable, mised the banter.

Enjoy your retirement...just a few more for me

John
                          John - Richmond 2013 GL1800, Level 3

Originally posted by ssncob View Post
                            And Mr. Parsons - look forward to having some civil discussions with you again down the road - they were enjoyable, mised the banter.
                            Mr Parsons??? What... did my Dad join the board??
                            Anyone that wants can call me Herb, or hey you, or just about anything
                            2012 Honda Goldwing | 2009 Timeout Camper

Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 | IBA member #59823

Jerry - Congrats again on your much deserved retirement. The longer you go the better it gets. Like some ol' Navy guy said a few years ago "Damn the torpedoes - Full steam ahead!" So get you arse in gear and get those damn Boxes i.e. Torpedoes taken care of. Take care my friend, will get down to your part of the world some time and will even buy you lunch, dinner, breakfast - whatever.

Crabby Bob

Retired and riding a Goldwing - Life is good!
                              2001 Gl1800A - Illusion Red
                              DS # 1258 - Double Darkside

Jerry,
                                Welcome to the world no pay checks. Your hardest job now is learning how to stretch your meager funds to last a month instead of two weeks.

The next hardest job is learning how to do nothing. After 10 years I can usually get that done by noon, the rest of the day I just rest.
                                __________________________________________________ ___________
                                "The worst of all fears is the fear of living", Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page