Goooooooooood Morning From AZ and NEW owner of a 2018 DCT Tour Pearl White Trike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goooooooooood Morning From AZ and NEW owner of a 2018 DCT Tour Pearl White Trike

This is my 3rd GW trike but I must say this beeps bells and whistles of this 18' are "out of sight man" !!! (that give away my age ???)

I will be open to ALL and I mean ALL suggesting and tips (best riding mode for gas economy or ?) as I know nothing !!!

Heck, the dealer forget to tell me what the heck the fob does …

So I have been watching a bunch of vids already as we actually bought the trick on Tues. the 3d of Oct …

Thank in advance for your help or links to help … Like, need a 2nd fob and where do I get a great price ?

PS / FYI: I am a member of Post 24's ALR in Tombstone AZ ....

Welcome my friend.

Get a pic up so we can see that beautiful trike of yours.

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

welcome aboard! Econ will give you the best fuel mileage switch over to Tour or even sport and crack that throttle for a rush. as far as the fob, a long press resulting in one flash means the fob is turned off. hold it down again and three flashes mean the fob is on and the bike will unlock. also, the fob has to be in close proximity. placing it in the trunk will not work. I keep mine in the cubby or a jacket/pant pocket. I also keep a couple of spare fob batteries in the cubby in case. a second fob can be had for around $100, just search amazon. itll have to be programmed to your bike and dont all come with the metal key. keys are ancient relics from yesteryear. in case you didnt know. i guess they used to use them to start up the Oldwings. there are youtube videos(fred harmon) on programming the key using a paper clip. seems easy to do.

The GW old GWers wish Honda would make.

Originally posted by rpinkit View Post
        welcome my friend.

Get a pic up so we can see that beautiful trike of yours.
        done !

• Drgsin
          Drgsin commented
          Editing a comment
          good looking trike

• RPinkit
          RPinkit commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck yeah.

Originally posted by Drgsin View Post
        welcome aboard! Econ will give you the best fuel mileage but will struggle in top gear up long hills. switch over to Tour or even sport and crack that throttle for a rush. as far as the fob, a long press resulting in one flash means the fob is turned off. hold it down again and three flashes mean the fob is on and the bike will unlock. also, the fob has to be in close proximity. placing it in the trunk will not work. I keep mine in the cubby or a jacket/pant pocket. I also keep a couple of spare fob batteries in the cubby in case. a second fob can be had for around $100, just search amazon. itll have to be programmed to your bike and dont all come with the metal key. keys are ancient relics from yesteryear. in case you didnt know. i guess they used to use them to start up the Oldwings. there are youtube videos(fred harmon) on programming the key using a paper clip. seems easy to do.
        Thank you sir … Ordered the FOB and extra keys today …

I ran it yesterday on econ for about 80 miles (all flat) w/a passenger and it took the full tank to 1/3 full … thought that was terrible mileage even with a passenger but I got to learn !!!

• Drgsin
          Drgsin commented
          Editing a comment
          whats that beast weigh?

Welcome to the Forum lots of great info here enjoy and learn or brush up a bit from Stuart Fl. Ride a Lot Ride Safe.

2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

Welcome aboard. That is a nice looking Trike. What kit is installed?
          2003 Red GL1800 with CSC Cobra Trike kit. Hwy pegs,
          1988 883 Sportster with Hypercharger, drag pipes, Custom seat, drag bars. USN Retired

Welcome Welcome, Wolfman.
            I used to love listening to your relative Jack on the radio!

Corenture Dave

To all,

Thanks for the compliments !!!
              Weight 1120 lbs
              Motor Trike Condor Kit
              I grew up next to the city the Wolfman actually broadcast from >>> (Chula Vista, CA)

Better pic and now at 36.3 combined 45, 55, 65 and 75 MPH ...
              Attached Files

I am from Sierra Vista, also have a white 2018 DCT Tour trike. California Side Car conversion. Love it, the is my 4th Goldwing trike, all have been CSC. Personally, I think the new Encore is best. My only complaint is the parking brake, needs constant adjustment.

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page