X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new to this forum

Good evening all, thanks for the join.

I am new to the Honda Goldwing; 3 weeks ago I scored a smoken deal on a brand new 2017. Never thought that I would buy a bike like this however life changes. This change is for the good. My wife and I have been together for 43 years she has never been interested in riding motorcycles with me. That is ok; I just missed having her on some of my adventures. Something changed several months ago; she said that she wanted to start riding, as a passenger with me. That is so awesome; I cannot wait for the almost 2 feet of snow to melt so we can start our new adventures together.

I have been riding since I was 7 years old, so a long time, I come from an off road/dual sport style bike.

I also have a Kawasaki KLR650 that is now a 685, I do all my own work and maintenance. I also do a lot of Tech Days, to teach other riders how to work on their own bikes. I travel through Washington, Oregon, where I live, California, Idaho and Nevada doing these Tech Days. It is a lot of fun; I get to meet many riders that have the same likes that I have. It is also very rewarding to teach someone that has never done any kind of mechanical work to walk and guide them through the work flow for whatever work they want to do on their bike.

I sold my Triumph Sprint St 1050 to buy this new bike. Miss the Triumph already but I do not know if I really need to be riding north of 120 mph any more. It was a fun bike but took me 15,000 miles to really feel comfortable on it. After that it was off to the races.

I will start riding the new Goldwing as soon as the snow is gone as I need to be comfortable on it before I let me wife on it with me. I do not want her to be uncomfortable or have a bad experience and not want to ride any more.

That is all for now, look forward to reading through some of the posts that I feel would pertain to me.

Welcome to the board..from Rio Rancho NM.
    2007 GL1800 level1
    2015 Hannigan Trike n 2009 Tailwind

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

on the new GW and to the forum. I lived in CA for 51 yrs before moving to Vancouver WA last year. Where in OR do you live?
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
      Jimi Hendrix
      Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Klamath Falls, is 17 miles north of the California border on HWY 97.
        Where in CA did you live, I have a lot of family in the north bay area.
        Our oldest lives in Vancouver and the youngest lives in Portland, we are up there quit a bit.

Congratulations on your purchase! You're going to love your new bike. Now comes the hard part of riding and not comparing to the old one. Enjoy the new!! And post pictures! The more the better.
          2008 Red GW1800 -- NRA Life Member - American Legion PUFL, American Legion Riders
          USMC 21 YRS/9 MO and when dead, a dead Marine.
          US Four Corner Ride https://clayusmcret.blogspot.com/
          2014 Mid-States Ride https://mid-states.blogspot.com/
          2015 NC to UT/NV Ride https://2015nvride.blogspot.com/

50th State ridden on 19 Aug, 2016 DS #1584

Thanks, you are right about comparing bikes, I have riding enough to know that every bike has it's unique characteristics. Will post pics as soon as I start riding.

Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the Internet! Now...

GOLDWING AND F6B MAINTENANCE VIDEOS
              Save $1000 a year in labor by doing your own maintenance!

Website | YouTube | 2001-2017 Videos | 2018+ Videos

Congrats on the new bike. you're going to love it as you learn about it each time you ride.

Welcome to the forum as well.
                Maker of the 01-17 GL1800
                "Rocky Tree & Comfort Risers".
                Current bikes.
                1981 CB900C 10 speed (Restored)
                1986 GL1200 SEi
                2004 GL1800

Originally posted by MotoPhoto View Post
                  Klamath Falls, is 17 miles north of the California border on HWY 97.
                  Where in CA did you live, I have a lot of family in the north bay area.
                  Our oldest lives in Vancouver and the youngest lives in Portland, we are up there quit a bit.
                  Very familiar with hwy 97 & Klamath Falls as I traveled it quite a bit from CA to Bend & a small yearly event in La Pine. I lived in Central CA, Fresno and my last 7 yrs. in the small farming community of Sanger. My daughter lives 15 mi. south of me in Portland.
                  When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
                  Jimi Hendrix
                  Vietnam Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider

Thanks all for the welcome, I will have some photos soon.

Welcome to the Forum lots of great info here enjoy and learn or brush up a bit from Stuart Fl. Ride a Lot Ride Safe.

2018 DCT non tour, Pearl Stallion Brown, Double Darksider #856, Live To Ride, Love my Wing, IBA Member# 63744 Yellowbird Alias Coppertone

from Tampa Bay ride and wet your ears because it's going to be a smile from ear to ear!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page