Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAILER

My son is looking for a cheap cargo trailer to pull with his F6B. Anybody know of one? THANKS

around E TN

He can also build one from a Harbor Freight kit which is probably the cheapest. My suggestion would be a Neosho Starlight. It is a great little trailer, tows easily, low maintenance, and should work well behind an F6B. They do have a lot of options available but I think the basic is still less than a 1000.00.
    Harvey
    Ride Safe and Ride Often

Comment: (For off-topic replies)

As mentioned above, the Harbor Freight trailer is probably the least expensive new trailer. After that, the Piggy Backer. I purchased a used Piggy several years ago for $600. Great little trailer for the once a year or so that I need one.

Something like a Harbor Frt was what I was thinking. Thought we might find one where someone had moved up to a nicer trailer. THANKS

Wimpy,

I purchased a Harbor Freight trailer kit a year ago and assembled the trailer carefully. I purchased a sheet of 1/8" diamond tread polished aluminum and riveted it to the frame providing a deck for mounting a cargo box. I purchased a cargo box and bolted and riveted it to the deck. I also bought and installed a five wire (Goldwing) to four (trailer) wiring adapter with a five pin flat male connector. All the wiring is encased in convoluted tubing and tucked up inside the frame rails neatly with zip ties.

I also bought and mounted an adjustable height parking jack stand on the tongue so the trailer tongue is supported in a horizontal plane when detached from the Goldwing. I pulled it one time to a local rural coop to get a scale weight to register it but never registered it. I still have the original title in hand that was provided by Harbor Freight.

It is in perfect new shape having remained inside my insulated steel building.

I ended up buying a new Wing last winter and have not installed a trailer hitch or towing wiring harness. The hitch and wiring harness went to a new owner with the yellow Wing.

I want $400 for it. It's located in Crosby County, TX about 40 miles east of Lubbock. I've never taken any photos but will if you're interested.

Oops. I see the last line in your want ad states east Tennessee. I doubt you'll be interested.
          Harvey Barlow
          Crosby County, TX
          2010 Goldwing Level II Pearl Yellow (sold at 93,000 miles)
          2014 Goldwing Level II Pearl Blue (sold at 27,000 miles to forum member)

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page